Friday, October 2, 2015

Week 1 Blog Forum

Designated Smoking Area at Linn Benton Community College in Albany, Oregon - September 28, 2015

  1. I am Cheyne Willems and I live in Corvallis with my wife, dog, and two cats. I've been taking classes at community college since 2004, and I'm still working toward my first Associate's degree. My current declared major is Computer Science because computers have been the object of my fascination for a long time. I took Photography 101, as well as Digital Photography, while I was enrolled at Pikes Peak Community College, and then I used my photography skills while I traveled around the world, until my camera was stolen in Amsterdam in 2006. Once my feet were back on the ground in the US, I was able to purchase the same camera model (Konica-Minolta DiMAGE A2) on eBay, and now I bring it with me to class.
  2. My goals for this class include getting some of my work published, improving my ability to take news-worthy photos, and gaining the confidence necessary to take pictures of strangers making news.
  3. Three subject ideas: 
    1. Comparing smoking debris at the designated smoking areas at LBCC campus, to OSU's "smoke-free" campus without ashtrays.
    2. Examining responsible and respectful smoking etiquette, as it applies to both tobacco and marijuana. Proper disposal of refuse, laws regarding the subject, as well as local cultural considerations.
    3. Investigating student attitudes toward bicycles as a means of getting to and from school. Covered topics will include safe biking routes, parking security, convenience, weather, and transporting large loads.

1 comment:

  1. Keep posting all those great photos from around campus and beyond! Nice work.

    rob

    ReplyDelete