Friday, October 2, 2015

Screamed Secrets

A crowd of Greek Life students at ΚΚΓ yelling in unison - October 2, 2015
The noisy ceremony was held in the yard of the sorority, and could be heard inside the houses on the opposite side of Van Buren Ave - October 2, 2015

A participant told me that they were participating in a Nation-wide Greek Life thing, and requested that I not publish these pictures, and that their ceremony was secret, and that they had acquired the necessary noise permit. I told them that I was unaware of their noise permit, and that we could hear them chanting about "getting laid" from inside our house, and that making that much noise is a newsworthy event - October 2, 2015

2 comments:

  1. It doesn't even have to be a newsworthy event for you to shoot and even publish photos of anyone, anytime. There is no expectation of privacy for anything you do in open spaces. If they want to hold a private ceremony and control potential images, they need to do it in a private space.

    The only thing you can't do without a photo release is use the photos for marketing purposes. So, as long as you're not using their "getting laid" chant to promote your Sorority Girls Gone Wild video series, your photos are fair game on social media.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So nice & very colorful images. I have some images when I riding my Atom Longboard .

    ReplyDelete