Friday, November 6, 2015

Week 6 Blog Forum

Topic 1:

Guest Speaker - Photographer Scobel Wiggins

Cameron Carpenter of Corvallis, a contestant on Wanted: Adventure Host, soars down the trail in Starker Forest. (Scobel Wiggins | Gazette-Times)
  1. This picture of an Adventure Man by Scobel Wiggins caught my attention because of the stopped motion; the timing was just right. I am impressed that his expression is clear, even though he's moving quickly and he's in direct sunlight. This would be a tough shot to take spontaneously, so I'm curious as to how much preparation was necessary for this picture.
  2. The bright sunlight works well for the stopped motion because the shutter speed is fast. I've attempted shots like this before, but with mediocre results.
  3. Did Mr. Carpenter rehearse this shot beforehand? Did Scobel shoot in burst mode? Does she ever delete pictures from the camera, or does she look at all of the shots on the computer first?

Topic 2:

My Neighborhood

I plan to take photographs around downtown Corvallis because it is a town I love, and the town in which I live.
  • A portrait subject could be a librarian at the Corvallis Public Library surrounded by books and media.
  • An activity photo could be of a skateboarder riding down the sidewalk to the skate shop on Van Buren Ave.
  • A landmark could be The Arts Center. (With actual artists in the picture, of course.)
The Arts Center near Central Park in Corvallis provides a central location for artists to meet and display their work - October 29, 2015
The most challenging picture would probably be the activity, because the skateboarders come by irregularly and I'd have to stop them to get their names. (Or I could get a nice blurred action shot with an anonymous skateboard rider.)

No comments:

Post a Comment